Arista 7124FX Application Switch:
The Industry's First Programmable Control and Data Plane-
Partnering with Industry Leaders for Custom Application Extensions in the Network
- Couples ultra-low latency switch with next generation programmable FPGA and memory subsystem
- Customer programmable FPGA and Control Plane provides total control over the network, forwarding, inspection, redirection, etc.
- Targeted for early adopters of hardware accelerated applications
7124FX Development Ecosystem Partners
“FPGAs are gaining momentum as a true parallel networktechnology that provides the lowest latency to process financial market data, accelerate trading strategies andplay a valuable role in risk management. All resulting in applications using FPGAs to be more energy and space efficient…”
-Amr El-Ashmawi, Business Development, Altera
Altera Corporation's (NASDAQ: ALTR) programmable logic solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate, and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, CPLDs, and ASICs in combination with software tools, intellectual property, embedded processors and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions.
“The Arista 7124FX has embedded all the necessary cutting edge components to fully support an entire application based on our technologies. This is the most innovative networking product we’ve ever seen, making it the quickest and smartest way to integrate on-the-fly data processing into any high performance networking infrastructure”.
-Arnaud Derasse, CEO of Enyx
Enyx is a leading developer and provider of proprietary ultra-low latency technology and solutions preliminary focused on trading. Enyx’s core value is to design products in order to deliver the next generation of cutting-edge technology, while maintaining accessibility and flexibility. Enyx offers hardware IP blocks compatible with FPGA platforms, aids in its integration and deployment as part of customized projects, as well as providing off-the-shelf solutions. Currently, these solutions are focused on market data acquisition from multiple and concurrent heterogeneous sources, normalization of the feed before its distribution, and order routing. Among our clients are stock markets, market data vendors, investment banks, brokers and investment funds.
“Embedding hardware acceleration resources for application use into the very fabric of the network itself will open the door for a wide range of innovation in market data as well as other industries. We're now going back to the future, a time when the network really is the computer.”
-Scott Parsons, CTO of Exegy
Exegy provides ultra-high performance hardware-accelerated computing appliances that efficiently process and enrich market data for the world's leading financial organizations. Exegy's unique market data products respond to financial organizations' growing demands for low latency, reduced cost of ownership and flexibility. Exegy's products are compatible with leading operating systems and interconnects. For more information, please visit www.exegy.com.
Why Exegy & Arista FX
- Exegy + 71424FX will offload from a variety of consumers of raw feed data, including the Exegy Ticker Plant, much of the work involved in pre-processing network packets and normalization of market data messages
- Exegy + 7124FX will provide innovative routing, distribution and load balancing of market data content to downstream consumers based on their specific content needs.
“The Arista FPGA enabled switch seems like such an obvious evolution of networking.” Said Brian Durwood of Impulse C, “we believe that they have created a significant advance in programmable network interfaces that will help reduce latency.”
-Brian Durwood, CEO, Impulse C
Impulse provides tools, custom or finished applications, training, IP development and installation services. The Impulse team works with your original code, or provides modules to fit your transaction flow. Solutions are based on Impulse C, an award winning, powerful software tool set which enables C algorithms to be compiled to multiple streaming processes, which run accelerated as hardware in the 7124FX’s FPGA. Training is typically part of the solution, so quants and developers come to understand how to use the tools, maintain and modify their own code. The technology came out of a US government lab, and is in wide spread use in companies from Honda to NASA to Wall Street banks.
Why Impulse + Arista 7124FX
- FPGAs are increasingly recognized as the processor type best suited to low latency incoming network and financial feeds.
- Accelerating financial feeds in FPGA hardware eliminates microprocessor overhead and operating system jitter for faster, deterministic (linearly predictable) performance.
- This kit combines robust networking technology + the best FPGA + Impulse C (the #1 purchased C to FPGA tool and IP).
- Arista places the FPGA as close to the financial "wire" as possible. As Groucho said "if I were any closer I'd be behind you".
NovaSparks offers the industry’s fastest feed handlers providing deterministic nanosecond speeds. Unlike hardware accelerated approaches still dependent on CPUs, NovaSparks uses a matrix of FPGAs in its core. Called the FPGA Market Data Matrix, the feed handlers are specialized for ultra-low latency trading and deliver normalized data for the top equity and futures venues across North America and Europe.