CloudVision™ - Topology Agnostic Management for Cloud Data Centers
- Demonstration of the open extensibility of EOS, the world's most advanced network O/S
- Open source based multi-switch XMPP message-bus
- Standards based, no need to implement proprietary platforms
- Topology agnostic messaging and management
- Works In-band and out-of-band
- Works across L2, L3 and tunneled networks
- Works across N-Tiered Networks
- Supports CLI commands, and is extensible to XML and Binary transfer in the future
- Authenticated, encrypted and fully logged
- Real-time availability measurements when integrated with presence services
- Scales to thousands of devices per server and servers can be federated for resilience and scale
- All changes to open source contributed back to open source community
Arista Networks CloudVision is a framework for creating a topology agnostic single-point of administration and management for thousands of devices based on open-source and open-standards. It is a demonstration of EOS extensibility and a proof-point of the advantages of the EOS architecture.
Using open standard tools, managers can control and monitor switches individually or as groups of switches. Clustering and management capabilities are virtually limitless as users and developers can integrate CloudVision into existing management infrastructures and scale management to fit the needs of the data center. CloudVision is open source based and is available to users and developers through Arista Networks EOS Central developer and user site.
Combined with other Arista management features, like Latency Analyzer (LANZ) and VMTracer's adaptive VLAN configuration, data center managers can fully automate and scale the bring-up, monitoring and management of the Cloud Data Center.
- Global configuration changes in the data center network: CloudVision allows managers to issue commands that are replicated to the entire switched network or a cluster of switches. So as new virtual networks are deployed, VLAN provisioning throughout the data center can be distilled to a single command. Likewise, changes in security or monitoring provisioning can be normalized, automatically replicating authentication configuration, and monitoring parameters.
- Compliance checking: CloudVision simplifies configuration retrieval and checking. Managers can now implement schemes to retrieve and verify the configuration of the data center network in real-time.
- Real-time change monitoring and configuration validation: CloudVision uses real-time, publish-subscribe mechanisms that allow constant updates of changes occurring in the network. Managers can not only track configuration changes, but can also monitor network topology changes that may indicate erroneous or malicious configuration changes that may compromise performance and stability.